Sunday, November 30, 2008
I wanted to invite you to enjoy the "ideeli" shopping experience! ideeli is the first invite-only online shopping community that gives members privileged access (often at privileged prices - up to 80% off) to not only sought-after products in fashion, home and beauty, but also to luxury lifestyle experiences like fashion shows and sold-out concerts.
The catch? You have to be a member - and ideeli membership is by invitation only - but consider yourself invited! And it's free, free, free to join.
If you join within the hour(before Sun, Nov 30 2008 at 08:00PM EST),you could win their giveaway of a fabulous "Tom Binns Neon Stone Cuff" that is to die for. It retails for $825 and it could be yours for free. How cool would that be? It's black and chunky with some blue and lime green jewels, very in fashion and beautiful.
So join up quick, I want you to win!!! If you don't join in time for this giveaway, you can still join ideeli through my link that I posted above because they will be having other giveaways and great deals again, usually weekly and sometimes daily.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Balanced with the light and penetrating benefits of Watermelon Seed Oil, a soft blend of emollient-rich Organic Avocado Oil and Organic Shea Butter, with the potent antioxidants of Green Tea and Vitamin E. Resulting in on-the-spot pampering, and lasting, balanced care for your lips.
Free of Fragrance, Artificial Fillers and Preservatives. View Ingredients
If you would like to buy a full size version, it is $15.00 + shipping ($1.99 for me) and you pay via Paypal.
I think it sounds very Earth and lip friendly. I love how all the ingredients are natural. I can't wait to try it!
One of the coolest blogs I know, TheDirtyShirt.com, is hosting a fabulous "GREEN" giveaway for a cool eco-friendly tote from Eco-Bags. It is Eco-Bags and more specifically, Totes With Quotes.
At Eco-Bags, for every “I Am What I Do” bag that is sold, they are giving $5 to dosomething.org. Their line of BYOB bags is giving 20% of proceeds directly to MS research and portions of the proceeds from our “Nothing on Me is Plastic” tote are going to the Environmental Media Association.
The "Nothing On Me Is Plastic" is my favorite quote by far! In this day and time, having no plastic "anywhere" in your body seems to be special.
This special giveaway runs through midnight on December 14 and she will be announcing a winner the morning of December 15th.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
We have all suffered those unsightly visitors on our skin called blemishes, pimples, blackheads, zits! Here is some advice about how to take care of them and achieve clear skin!
The biggest challenge is having the willpower NOT to pick at them! Breaking the skin by popping a pimple can cause the skin to scar. You also risk infecting it further by spreading bacteria. You are better off leaving it alone, and only applying topical ointments and letting it take its course. Also, overwashing, overscrubbing, and over applying treatment products will only aggravate your skin.
Adult acne and teenage acne are a bit different. Teenage acne is normally accompanied by oily skin, while in adults, acne can happen in both dry and oily skin types. Adult acne is even more prone to scarring than teenage acne because of the fact that adult skin does not heal as quickly, and the pimples run deeper that the upper layers of the skin.
You can speed the healing of a pimple overnight by crushing an aspirin, and making a paste with water and applying it directly. (please do not do this if you are allergic to aspirin) On a shoot, I have put a couple of drops of Visine on a pimple to cut down the redness.
Taking care of your acne prone skin 101:
1. Twice daily, wash your face with a foaming cleanser that has up to 5% salicylic acid. Will help to unclog your pores and reduce redness. Please do not over wash your skin you will only result in aggravating your face.
Murad Clarifying Cleanser
Philosophy Purity Made Simple
2. Applying a toner or astringent. Dermatologists say no, and aestheticians say yes. If you choose one, then choose one without alcohol, which will only dry your skin out. Overstripping the natural oils of your skin will create your sebaceous glands of over produce oil, because your skin become thirsty. I sometimes use a spray toner, not to wipe, but rather to refresh!
Caudalie Beauty Elixir
Apivita Green Tea Water
3. Exfoliate twice a week. If you have blemishes, use an exfoliator that is not a scrub (because scrubs will aggravate them). Go for a clay or sulfur mask.
Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask
4. Apply acne medication with either 5% salicylic acid, 5-10% benzoyl peroxide or a sulfur product.
Rare Minerals Blemish Therapy
ZAPZYT Adult Acne Clearing Gel
5. Moisturize. I know that some people think that if they are breaking out or oily, then they do not need a moisturizer. Not hydrating your skin properly only leads to more nasty blemishes or more oil production. So choose one that is both lightweight and oil free.
Korres Cinnamon & Echinacea Light Moisturizing Cream Gel for Oily Skin with Imperfections
Mary Kay Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer
How to cover it up when it happens:
- Apply your foundation normally. Apply concealer normally, under eyes and anywhere else you feel necessary. Dust with loose powder.
- Using a cotton swab apply a tiny bit of moisturizer on the actual pimple.
- Pat a little bit of powder onto that pimple.
- With a pointy concealer brush (for precision), apply a tiny bit of concealer to the pimple and pat it out with a clean finer to smooth any edges.
Red Earth Concealer Brush &
Prescriptives Flawless Concealer Spf 25
Finally dust some powder over that are to seal the deal!
You will have successfully cover it up!
You are what you eat:
What you eat and drink will also determine what your skin looks like. I am not talking about myths, but rather reminding everyone that when you choose healthy whole foods, it has an overall effect on your body. Here are what the experts have to say:
- Vitamin A is very important to skin health. You can find this in dairy. If you eat yogurt, you will also reap the benefits of acidophilus which fights off bacteria.
- Antioxidants found in fruits such as berries help to fight off free radicals in the body. Free radicals cause damage to your cells.
- Omega 3s found in Olive Oil, salmon, walnuts, flax seeds.
- Whole grains in whole wheat bread, turkey, tuna and brazil nuts have selenium which play a role in healthy skin as well.
- Green Tea has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Water keeps your cell hydrated. Half a gallon or 8 glasses is the norm.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
As a Sephora Beauty Insider, I received an email for early access to a very special deal. If you spend at least $25, you can enter the word “BEAUTYBOX” on checkout. You will get a white mini-train case filled with 15 beauty-ful samples.
I also JUST received an email (of course after I already placed my order) for free shipping if you spend at least $25. This offer lasts until 11/23/08. Just enter "SHIPFREE25" at checkout. No code is needed for orders over $50.)
I have placed three orders so far and used the “BEAUTYBOX” as my free code at checkout. (By the way, you can only use one code for each order. For instance if you have a 15% off code, you cannot use that AND the BEAUTYBOX code.)
So for the order that I just placed that was above $50;, I earned 3 samples for the order, then I earned a free white mini-train case with 15 samples, free shipping and then I hit 100 points in my Beauty Bank as a Beauty Insider and I choose an awesome super big sample of Stila Convertible Color for lips and cheeks.
Here is my awesome order that I just placed!
$19.00 Benefit Cosmetics/Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner/Gossip
$35.00 Shiseido/Makeup Silky Eye Shadow Quad/Floral & Fauna
Samples/Kenzo KenzoAmour Eau de Parfum - 0.04 oz
Samples/Benefit You Rebel - 0.11 oz
Samples/YSL elle Yves Saint Laurent Eau de Parfum - 0.04 oz
Deluxe Samples/Stila Convertible Color in Lillium - 0.9 oz
Sephora Brand/Holiday Train Case Bonus Gift W/15 Samples
Merchandise Total: $54.00 + Tax: $4.31 Order Total: $58.31
If you haven’t yet joined to be a Beauty Insider at Sephora,
You can sign up here http://www.sephora.com/beautyinsider/
Friday, November 14, 2008
is having a giveaway for a $25 Sephora gc!
A Winner will be selected next Thursday!
Good luck everyone!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
The best day ever is upon us! Starting tomorrow, November 6 thru November 10th, there is a Sephora Friend and Family sale. With a huge 20% off on products that usually NEVER go on sale. When I say never, I mean never ever never.
This would be a great time to order gifts for your friends and family as well as yourself. I plan on ordering some wish list items for myself and then giving them to my husband to wrap and give to me for Christmas. That way I get what I want and he doesn't have to shop. Sounds like a good deal to me. (On a side note, I found out that you can only add up to 100 items to your wish list. They need to up that for sure.)
The code is FF2008 that you need to enter when you are checking out. Also right now if you spend $50 or more it is free shipping as well. Remember this 20% off runs from Nov 6th thru Nov 10th.